Thursday, December 13, 2012

As Cecil Turns - Continued

The suspense is over. Tari Moore has finally posted her over due Campaign Finance report. I am sure that she had to be hiding something because it wasn't filed on time. Sorry folks, the report was quite boring. She did spend $800 for catering, I would guess it was for her election night party. So maybe now people can focus on more important things.

I think what we have seen in council the past couple of weeks validates the action that Tari took. The process would have been if Tari didn't change her party, the Republican Central Committee would have submitted three names. Based on the rumors floating around, it would have been Chris Z., Lisa C. and Robert G. So let us look into our magical crystal ball and see how the vote would have been at the county council. Chris Z. - 2 for, 2 against, Lisa C. - 2 for, 2 against, Robert G. - 2 for, 2 against. Now that was a big surprise. Now according to charter, the county executive would have to pick one of the three as Tari's replacement. The important thing to remember here is that Tari, if she picked a replacement, it would have to be one of those three. There is nothing in the charter that forces her to pick one. Which we all know would have never happened with the names mentioned here and others that were rumored to be considered. 

So what we would have ended up with is the exact thing that we have seen the past few weeks. A county council that would never get anything done for the next two years. It would have made the Cecil Whig's reporting easier, they could use the same headline every week, "Council votes 2 to 2, Motion Stalls Again."

I hope Tari picks a replacement that will stand on their own two feet and be able to independently make his/her own decision for what is best for the county. Even though I supported Robert's re-election and agree with his stances on many issues, I don't want to see a clone of him. I worked closely with Diana in the past, I respect her for energy and dedication to issues that are important to her, yet I don't want a Diana clone either.

My idea replacement would be one that listen to both sides of the issues and makes the decision based on what is best for the county. I realize that "my side" may lose on the issue from time to time but I would be okay with that knowing that the deciding vote was based on facts, not a personal agenda. (this person does remind me of RD).

Disclaimer - I worked on Pam Howard's and Robert Hodge's campaign

1 comment:

Bob Amato said...

Great analysis. Sad that the Broomell-Dunn faction won't discuss voting on a vote to fill the seat, allowing speculation on a County Exec pick. Part of their plan to undermine Moore?