Thursday, March 29, 2012

Congressman Andy Harris, M.D. Endorses Hodge and Moore

Elkton, MD - Congressman Andy Harris, M.D. is endorsing Commissioner Robert Hodge for County Council and Commissioner Tari Moore for County Executive.

“I urge all of my fellow Republicans to support strong, common-sense, conservatives Robert Hodge and Tari Moore in Tuesday’s primary election.” said Congressman Harris. “Robert and Tari know that lowering taxes and cutting spending are necessary to improve the economy in Cecil County. Both have a strong business background and they understand what it takes to bring much-needed jobs to Cecil County. They have strong consistent conservative records and I am proud to endorse them.”

Negative attacks have been launched against Moore and Hodge. In response, Congressman Harris said, “These attacks on Tari Moore and Robert Hodge are misleading and deceitful, and frankly just not believable. Citizens in Cecil County have a right to an honest political campaign and sadly they are not getting that right now. We all know they are staunch fiscal conservatives. If I lived in Cecil County, they would definitely have my vote.”

In response to the endorsement, Robert Hodge said, “I appreciate the support of Congressman Harris. He has been fighting against tax increases and for lower spending in Washington, as I have been fighting that battle here in Cecil County. As a businessman, I know what we need to do to get our local economy moving again.”

Tari Moore added, “I am humbled to have the endorsement of a fellow conservative like Congressman Harris. I appreciate his recognition of my record of fighting for fiscally conservative government and I look forward to working with him to help bring jobs to Cecil County.”

Congressman Harris has known both candidates for about five years. Over that time, he has a developed a positive working relationship with them.

No comments: