Friday, October 21, 2011

STATEMENT FROM SEN. NANCY JACOBS, MINORITY LEADER Republican Harford/Cecil

10/20/2011

I have just alerted fellow Republican Senators that I will not be seeking reelection as Minority Leader. While I have enjoyed serving in that capacity, I don’t believe I can give that office all the attention it deserves in the coming months and during the 2012 legislative session.

Now that we know the details of the new Congressional District Map and will soon know how the legislative lines are drawn, I am taking time to ponder my options. Some people have suggested I should consider running for Governor. Others say I should think about a Congressional run or the race for Harford County Executive.

At this point I may run for any one of those posts, or none of the above. Much of that depends on how my Senate District changes and whether I retain Cecil County, which has been very supportive of me. Whatever I chose, it is likely I will be spending a lot of time meeting new voters. That’s why I felt it was best to step aside and not run for the Leadership Post next in the next GOP leadership election.

// Nancy

No comments: